DISJOINTED - Another poem by Me


Here's another one I wrote back in 2009 still.  Again, emo back in 2009, so this is still very, very angst-ridden.



DISJOINTED

I'm not so much alive as dead
It's all too much
All just too much to bear
I love you
No one-night stand would do

But it's been so long
I lost calendar days
Keeping up with your pace
Flying on rooftops
Skipping on stones
Playing on cartwheels
Thinking of you alone

I'm no good
If not with you
I can't be surreptitious
Even if I wanted to
Hidden in a void so deep
Playing with Sandman in my sleep

I come sent by car crash hearts
Where broken bones are a way of life
It makes no sense
I take no heed
I only want to make me bleed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Short Story: Walking Side-By-Side With A Chainlink Fence -- Re-edited and Re-posted (also posted on Wattpad under phoenix_vixen)

Muddle is not puddle with an M

Lost Essays